Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
Online services on Sundays move to 10:30 a.m. whenever HPC in-church services are suspended in accordance with provincial government requirements, as they are currently.
I started by using the webcam on a laptop but have graduated to a video camera. By April 5 we’d added kids’ pictures and hymns with words for singing along. With the reopening of Haliburton UC and Lochlin UC on October 4, we began streaming the service from the Haliburton UC sanctuary at that church’s regular service time of 11:15 a.m. Whenever in-church services must be suspended due to the pandemic, we broadcast from the church office at 10:30 a.m.
We go live 15 minutes early so people can be connected ahead of time.
For those with more computer confidence there is a way to enter into ‘chatting’ – commenting or asking questions on the page – by typing, that is.
You need to experiment ahead of time to make sure you can get any of this to work. If you can’t, don’t worry, we’ll help you sort it out. In any case the stream will be recorded and remain on the website. Here are some step by step directions from one of our members:
How to Live Stream
Live streaming enables you to watch a video feed (stream) live on the Internet while it’s being recorded.
- Double-click on this message link: https://www.youtube.com/user/hwellesmorgan/featured?view_as=public. This will take you to Harry’s YouTube “channel” page where you’ll find all recorded services and messages.
- Look for the video image with the date of the service you want to watch. For a live service, watch for the “Live Now” box to appear in the corner of the image and then click on it. This will take you to the page for that video. Prerecorded videos are marked “Premiere” prior to broadcast and can be opened after the indicated start date and time.
- The video feed opens with a 15-minute setup period to give everyone time to tune in. Remember to refresh your page if you’re having difficulty. If you don’t see the service date you want or (for live services) you don’t see the Live Now button:
- you have opened the channel page too early and you will need to keep refreshing it, or
- you need to click on the video image to go to the video page first, or
- there have been technical difficulties and a new live stream will start momentarily from a new video image, or
- you have opened the channel page after the live stream ended, in which case you can watch the recording at any time.
- When the service is over the video will stop automatically.
You can receive an email alert any time we publish a new video. To set this up, use the link to go to the YouTube channel page and then click on the “Subscribe” button at the top right-hand corner of the page.
Hope this makes sense – and works!