The cornerstone for Lochlin’s new brick veneer church was laid by the Rev. J.M. Whyte in 1925. The building was dedicated on Sunday, November 22 of that year.
About 1940 a young school teacher, Mrs. Celia Brown, became organist and music director for the church, remaining in that position for more than 35 years.
Many ministers have served this church throughout the years, leading to our current minister, Rev. Harry Morgan.
We are part of the three-church Haliburton Pastoral Charge of Ingoldsby, Lochlin, and Haliburton. Our mission statement is “To know Christ and make Him known”.
Lochlin is a small but active, friendly church, meeting at 9:45 a.m. for gospel singing with the service at 10 a.m. We stay after church at times to celebrate special events, anniversaries, or birthdays. Our fundraising events enable us to support world, country, and community outreach.
Please feel free to visit our sanctuary where the “good news of the gospel” is shared through word and music. You are welcome to join in our services any time!
There is more to a CHURCH than cement and stone –
More than the lumber, the cross, and the steeple.
What really counts though the building should fall
Is the love and the faith of God’s people.